Dresden Files in Birmingham UK
Wizard's Lab Assistant
Aspects and Likely Compels…
- High Concept: Wizard’s Lab assistant (Focused Practitioner) – experiments, forbidden knowledge?
- Trouble: Absentee Wizard Boss – having to do his tasks, unfair expectations
- Bookworm Researcher – not much social or physical ability
- By the Book – needs recipes, has to have the right ingredients, not good at improvising
- Outside Comfort Zone – panic, uncertainty, self doubt
- Knows enough to be dangerous – some rituals are very dangerous but just might work…
- Unholy love child of Velma and Shaggy – geeky and hippy, believes in the healing power of crystals, comes across as a nerd
Has a new-age shop called NOREALLY selling knick-knacks, gew-gaws, smelly candles, crystals etc as well as trading in proper alchemical stuff for those in the know.
Beaker’s only power is Thaumaturgy, specialising in crafting
Bill the wizard is absent. He’s been gone for a month.
He used to be a Warden but seems to have upset the Wizards Council and been sent to Birmingham as a punishment. Something about the place doesn’t seem to agree with Evocation spells from human wizards! According to a few other wizards Beaker has talked to, Bill has “bad blood”, from a long line of traitors and warlocks, she’s “well rid of him”. But she rather liked him. He had a bad temper sometimes but always took time to answer her questions and his heart seemed to be in the right place. Her previous instructions came from an ancient new age hippy who died a few years back and left her the shop. Bill continued her training for the last three years.
He came back from a trip to Faerie a few weeks ago. He had somehow rescued 3 stolen children but in the process he had “made a bit of a dent in the fabric of reality”. Apparently his friend Colin the property developer, had turned out to be a Fae Prince of the Autumn Court (a Sidhe Changeling). Any way, he had to go away for a while, until the damage healed, the “rip” might tear open if he stayed in the City. He promised to be in touch but nothing so far! According to Bill, Colin hadn’t known about his heritage and wasn’t really to blame for the kidnappings.
As well as knowing all the other PCs, Beaker also knows Ruth Jones, the goth librarian.